Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week Eight

This week we learned about temperature in Kelvin. We learned that absolute zero is -273.15 Celsius. Frame of refeence is like saying that east is an absolute directions. This is because it is the same directions for everyone. After discussing Kelvin, Celsis, and Ferinheight, we didn't a way to convert one to the other. We discovered that to go from Celsius to Kelvin you do Celsius plus 273.15. To go from Kelvin to Celcuis you do Kelvin minus 273.15. Lastly to go from Celsius to Ferinheight you do two times Celsuis plus thirty two.
I have been using evernote take my notes in class for a while now but one thing that bothered me about it was that when I would want to draw something I couldn't do it. I wanted to find an app like the one that Mr. Abud has. I was searching the droid app store and found this app called handwriting. It has pretty much all the functions of the app that Mr. Abud uses. It has different pages that you can go back and forth from, you can ride in different colors, draw or type, and I can easily save it in evernote in the notebook that I want. I really enjoy all the technology we use in the class and wish that more teachers would allow us to use our phones. I love that I don't have to open my backpack and that I don't have to worry about losing any papers.
On Friday we took an assessment. It was not what I was expecting. Before I got there I was kind of nervous because I wasn't sure if I understood everything that we needed to know. When we figured out that we just had to write everything we knew about each standerd and that we could work with our table, I felt alittle better. I was actually surprised with what I knew. Another thing we did this week that was really fun was when we did the experiment to see if putting glow sticks in cold water actually made them last longer. We figured out that putting them in ice water does help it to last longer but when you take it out of the water you have to put it in hot water to remotivate the particles. The fun part of the experiment was when we cut the glowsticks and the liquid went everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment