Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week Ten

This week in chem we started with a question that made me think. The question was whether a little hot water or a lot of room temperature water would heat up water more. Originallly I thought that the answer was alittle bit of hot water because it was the temperature was so much higher than the room temperature water. After doing the experiment with our groups I realized that my hypothesis wasn't acturate and that the a lot of room temperature water increased the temperture of the water more.
In our class mixing up heat and energy is an issue. Before this lesson I didn't even know there was a difference and I always just said heat because no one ever said when water was in the microwave isn't not just increasing its temperature, energy is being transfered to the water. We even made a rule that whenever someone mixed up heat and energy they would have to give the chemteam a dollar.
In an article we read as a class the word atom was used but that word doesn't exist to us yet because we haven't proven that they are. All we know is that that is what people say.
ENIMAGE1352749433776.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment